It’s that time again….it’s GIRL SCOUT SEASON! I know I’m not the only one out there that occasionally makes a meal out of Thin Mints or Tagalongs. There’s something about helping out a good cause that cancels out any ounce of guilt that may trail overindulgence.
Believe it or not, I waited 365 days to make this recipe. I had the blog post saved as a draft and the recipe book marked to my favorites. The only thing I was waiting on was a single box of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies (….which by the way, cost $4.00/box nowadays...!?!)
Add a scoop of cream cheese and a bag of Andes chocolates to your box of Thin Mints, and you have yourself a truffle that’s too good to resist. This mint chocolate flavor combination enhances the already decadent Thin Mint cookie, and makes for the perfect St. Patty’s Day celebratory treat.
…Recipe inspired by Gilly Cakes
1 box Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 bag Andes Baking Chips
Sprinkles, cookie crumbs, or green candy melts for decorating
Note: You can always use the regular size Andes Chocolates and cut them up if you can’t find the baking chips.
(1) Put both sleeves of cookies into food processor, process until finely chopped crumbs are formed (or do as I did, and crush them up inside a plastic Ziploc bag)
(2) Pour crumbs into a bowl and add softened cream cheese
(4) Roll into truffle sized balls (≈15-20 depending on size)
(5) Refrigerate for an hour (or freeze for 30 minutes)
(7) Carefully cover each truffle in chocolate and tap off excess
(9) Refrigerate until chocolate is firm and enjoy! :)