…touchdown treats for the big game
A Super Bowl inspired treat, these chocolatey, peanut buttery bite size treats are perfect for entertaining. Found on Kellogg’s Rice Krispie’s site, these football snackers are easy to make and quick to disappear. Have fun cheering on your favorite team with these mini footballs!
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies®
Canned frosting or decorating gel
(1) In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
(2) Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
(3) Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
(4) Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
(5) Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into sixteen 3-inch footballs.
(6) Decorate with frosting. Best if served the same day.
(*) For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
(*) 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
(*) Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
(*) Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
(*) To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.